Mondini, Daniela Update data
- su appuntamento
- +41 58 666 5404
Vignetta, Office 104 (Level 1)
Via Alfonso Turconi 36, 6850 Mendrisio
- Full Professor - Academy of Architecture
Studied History of Art and History at the University of Zurich and the Università La Sapienza in Rome; she was an assistant and SNSF-researcher of the University of Zurich (2002 PhD; 2010 Habilitation). Has taught at the Technische Universität München, the Hochschule der Künste in Zürich, the ETHZ and the University of Bern. She teaches Medieval Art and History of Photography at the Institute of Italian Studies (ISI), USI. She was responsible for the project funded by the SNSF From Ravenna to Vals. Light and Darkness in Architecture from the Middle Ages to the Present.
Now she is responsible with Prof. Dr. Carola Jäggi (University of Zurich) for the Project The Churches of Rome in the Middle Ages 1050-1300, funded by the SNSF.
- History of art and architecture in the Middle Ages, IV-XIVth century (Cosmati in Rome)
- History of light in architecture
- Historiography of medieval art (Jean-Batiste Séroux d'Agincourt; J.R. Rahn)
- Medieval revivals in modern and contemporary times; museography; photography
- Relics & reliquaries
- Images of shame
- History of the body; gender studies