Rocci, Andrea Update data
- Please, contact me by email for an appointment.
- +41 58 666 4625
Main Building, Office 352 (Level 3)
Via Buffi 13, 6904 Lugano
- Master of Science in Economics and Communication in Financial Communication
- PhD programme in Communication Sciences
- Ethics Committee
- Institute of Argumentation, Linguistics and Semiotics
- Institute of Italian Studies
- Laboratorio di Argomentazione nei Contesti della Pubblica Sfera
- Laboratory of Modern Languages
- Laboratory of Science communication
Andrea Rocci is Associate Professor and Director of the Institute of Argumentation, Linguistics and Semiotics at the Università della Svizzera italiana (Lugano). He is also Director of the Master programme in Financial Communication offered jointly by the faculties of Economics and Communication Sciences at the same university. He has published extensively in the fields of argumentation, pragmatics, semantics and discourse analysis. He is co-author (with Marcel Danesi) of a textbook on Global linguistics. He has directed / is directing several projects on argumentation in the contexts of journalism, corporate communication and financial communication funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF).
- Discourse structure and discourse relations from the viewpoint of Congruity Theory
- Modality in argumentation: the semantics, pragmatics and argumentative functions of lexical and morphological expressions of modality and evidentiality.
- Key-words in argumentation: the role of cultural key-words and key-phrases in the evocation of shared values and beliefs in argumentation.
- Intercultural pragmatics and intercultural argumentation
- Argumentation in business-financial journalism
- Discourse genres of financial disclosures
- Argumentation in newsroom interaction
- Discourse Analysis
- Financial Communication
- Financial Journalism
- Multimodal Communication
- Newsroom Interaction