Mazzonna, Fabrizio Update data
- on appointment
- +41 58 666 4787
Blue Building, Office 204 (Level 2)
Via Buffi 6, 6904 Lugano
Website or personal page
- Assistant Professor - Faculty of Economics
- SSPH+ assistant professor and fellow of the Munich Center for the Economics of Ageing (MEA) at Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
Fabrizio Mazzonna is Assistant Professor in Health Economics at USI. He did his undergraduate and graduate studies at the University of Rome Tor Vergata, receiving his PhD in Econometrics in 2011. He has been visiting researcher at University College of London. In the period 2011-2012 he was a Senior Researcher at the Munich Center of Economics of Ageing (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute in Munich.
His research interests are in the fields of health economics and applied microeconometrics. His current research focuses on aging issues, namely on the determinants of health and cognitive depreciation over time. He published articles in international journals on issues related to the effects of retirement and education on cognitive abilities of the elderly. Since September 2014 is the scientific director of the Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+) Summer School in Public Health Policy, Economics and Management that takes place every year in August in Lugano. He is also the academic director of the SSPH+ International Doctoral Courses in Health Economics and Policy.
Health economics, Labor Economics, Micro-Econometrics.
- Cognitive Abilities
- Health Economics and Policy
- Migration, labor market and health
- Sleeping, health and cognitive abilities
- The effect of smoking policies