Hofstetter, Reto Update data
- Associate Professor - Faculty of Communication Sciences
Reto Hofstetter is Associate Professor of Marketing Management at the Institute of Marketing and Communication Management of the University of Lugano, Switzerland. His research and teaching is related to price, new product, and digital marketing management. In his research he empirically analyses consumers' behavior and their judgements and decision making. Current research topics include crowdsourcing and online creativity, consumer engagement and incentivation, and consumer self-presentation and self-reports. Articles out of this research got published in journals like the Journal of Marketing Research, Management Science, or the Journal of Product Innovation Managment.
Reto Hofstetter got his PhD in Marketing and an MSc and BSc in BA with a minor in Economics from the University of Bern, Switzerland. He also holds a BSc (Dipl. Ing. FH) in Computer Science. During his PhD and as a post-doc, he visited the University of Pennsylvania (Wharton) and Stanford University. At Lugano, he teaches classes in digital marketing management, marketing research, and price management.
- Hofstetter, R., Aryobsei, S., Herrmann, A. (In Revision), Should You Really Produce What Consumers Like Online? Empirical Evidence from an Online Innovation Community.
- Hofstetter, R., Zhang, J. Z., Herrmann, A. (In Revision), Repeated Crowdsourcing Contests and Incentives.
- Hofstetter, R., Dahl, D., Aryobsei, S., Herrmann, A.. (In Revision), Creativity in Open Innovation Contests.
- Beck, L., Hofstetter, R., Herrmann, A. (In Revision), The Dual Role of Social Feedback in Product Configuration: Empirical Evidence from an Online Car Configurator.
- Shriver, S. K., Nair, H. S., & Hofstetter, R. (2013). Social ties and user-generated content: Evidence from an online social network, Management Science, 59 (6), 1425-1443.
- Hofstetter, R., Miller, K., Krohmer, H., Zhang, J. (2013), How Do Consumer Characteristics Affect the Bias in Measuring Willingness to Pay for Innovative Products?, Journal of Product Innovation Management, 30(5), 1042-53.
- Miller, K., Hofstetter, R., Krohmer, H., Zhang, J. (2011), How Should We Measure Consumers’ Willingness to Pay? An Empirical Comparison of State-of-the-Art Approaches, Journal of Marketing Research, 48(1), 172-184