Lean Six Sigma
In these challenging time any organization in order to be more competitive needs the implementation of Lean Thinking, Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement strategies in all sectors.
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is a methodology that relies on collaborative team efforts to improve performances, reduce process defects and waste, while providing a framework for overall organizational cultural change toward continuous improvement.
LSS, as an industry-agnostic methodology, provides tools and techniques that are applied in sectors like aerospace, electronics, telecom, banking, financial, educational services, IT, HR, marketing and sales departments etc.
The course discusses and presents LSS scientific quality management tools and principles and their organizational implications relying on the knowledge of probability and statistics. A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification level of knowledge will be required to pass the exam.
For the statistical tools professional tools like Ellistat and R + R Studio are briefly presented.
- To understand the logic and methodology of Six Sigma and the principles of Lean Management
- To apply the qualitative and quantitative tools of Lean Six Sigma
- To understand the difference between Lean Six Sigma and ISO 9001 and Quality Systems
Active participation to Lectures+Assignments completion.
Self-assessment questionnaire on the first day of the course to define expectations
Examination and evaluation (number of points from 0 to 10)
- Written - MidTerm - first half of November (0 to 3 points)
- Written - Final exam session (0 to 3 points) -
- Evaluation by the teacher regarding the quality of class participation and assignments (0 to 4 points)
- Oral examination AT TOTAL DISCRETION of the teacher to clarify the evaluation (+ or - 2 points).