The course is not offered in the academic year 2017/18
The goal of this course is to convey the fundamentals of communication in Cyber-Physical Systems. Both wired and wireless communication technologies will be considered. The course will be accompanied by hands-on tutorials.
- Communication in Cyber-Physical Systems: Requirements and challenges
- Basic communication technologies for wired networks (e.g., CAN bus, Ethernet, USB, optical communication)
- Basic communication technologies for wireless networks (e.g., ZigBee, NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi)
- Networking protocols for Cyber-Physical Systems
- Performance evaluation of communication protocols for Cyber-Physical Systems
- Hands on tutorials (e.g., CAN bus and Zigbee).
- Material will be provided by the instructor.