Organization Design and Human Resource Management
The course provides students with basic knowledge about two interconnected topics. First, the course covers the main elements of organizational design, such as: basic organization theories; strategy, organization, and effectiveness; fundamentals of organization structure; organization size, life-cycle, and decline. Second, the course covers the main elements of human resource management, such as: HRM strategy; HRM main processes (recruitment, development, compensation). By the end of the course, the students will be able to:
- recognize the key organizational features and major HRM practices of a firm;
- identify the explicit or implicit HRM/organization strategy adopted by an organization;
- evaluate the alignment between business and HRM/organization strategy.
Evaluation and grading
The grading is based on
- 20% on two team-based activities;
- 80% on final written exam.
Daft, R.L. (2016). Organization Theory and Design (12th edition), Cengage