Technologies for Restoration of the Modern
The course is structured in three didactic components:
- the first includes lessons during which the principles of safeguarding the architectural heritage will be presented;
- the second includes seminars with professionals active in international research in the field of new technologies for diagnostic and intervention practices for the material protection and restoration of construction elements;
- the third involves, following a visit to the buildings, the study, the redesign on the basis of the original documents, the architectural and construction analysis and a detailed model of some case studies, in order to identify practical strategies for the protection and restoration of the original material texture of the building.
New skills and technologies of diagnostics and intervention allow us today to adopt innovative practices for the material protection of the architectural heritage. Critical history, construction features and material analysis lead to the development of specific protection and reuse strategies that take into account the challenges of modern heritage.
Students will work in groups. A multidisciplinary and seminar teaching approach will be adopted, in addition to group reviews.
25% Frontal lesson
50% Practical exercises
Oral examination, during which the drawings and study models will be discussed.
- Master of Science in Architecture, Construction and technology, Technical-scientific facultative courses, 1st year
- Master of Science in Architecture, Construction and technology, Technical-scientific facultative courses, 2nd year