Docente titolare del corso
This course examines how culture and cultural differences shape interpersonal, intergroup and mediated communication. Key inter-cultural concepts and their application to current intercultural pro-cesses, including debates about cultural differences and intergroup relations, will be examined in detail.
- Understand and apply intercultural communication concepts.
- Understand differences in interpretation of social reality among cultural groups.
- Recognize the influence of history and power in intercultural communication.
- Develop knowledge and skills for informed and engaged global citizenship.
- Culture and cultural differences
- Belonging and identity
- Self and Other
- Discourse and Ideology
- Prejudice and Stereotypes; Social Psychological and Cultural Approaches
- Differences and Exclusion: Race, Ethnicity, Nationality
- Solidarity and Inclusion in Multiculturality
This course is taught in English. The teaching methods include lectures, readings, discussions, oral and written reading reports, and self-directed learning.
Each student will be assessed through work they do throughout the course (30%) and an individual exam (70%) held during the examination period.
The final individual exam (70%) consists of multiple choice and short answer questions. 30% of the assessment takes place in class, during the semester, and consists of oral and written assignments.
- Bachelor of Arts in Scienze economiche, Corso a scelta, Intercultural Communication and Economics (ECO), 3° anno
- Bachelor of Science in Scienze della comunicazione, Corso di specializzazione, Comunicazione pubblica, 3° anno
- Bachelor of Science in Scienze della comunicazione, Corso di specializzazione, Intercultural Communication and Economics (COM), 3° anno