Financial Statement Analysis I
The objective of the course is to teach students to analyze financial statements and to use them to make business and investment decisions.
The course covers the following main topics:
- Accounting Clinic (general review of the main financial statements)
- Methods to Analyse Financial Statements (ratio, time-series and cross-sectional analysis)
- Introduction to Investing and Valuation
- How Financial Statements are Used in Valuation
- Relative Valuation Models
- Absolute Valuation Models (DDM and DCF)
The covered topics will be examined in detail and applied to value the equity of multinational listed companies.
Formal lectures and practical exercises
Compliant with COVID-19 guidelines
- S.H. Penman,Financial Statement Analysis & Security Valuation, McGraw- Hill, 2013. 5th edition.
- Horngren, Sundem, Elliott, Philbrick:Introduction to Financial Accounting,, Pearson Prentice Hall, 11th edition.
Bachelor of Arts in Scienze economiche, Corso a scelta, Management, 3° anno
Bachelor of Arts in Scienze economiche, Corso a scelta, Metodi quantitativi, 3° anno
Bachelor of Arts in Scienze economiche, Corso a scelta, Economia politica, 3° anno
Bachelor of Arts in Scienze economiche, Corso a scelta, Intercultural Communication and Economics (ECO), 3° anno