The Master in Philosophy at USI:
- stands out for the international stature of its professors;
- is research-oriented, aimed at preparing its students for the most demanding PhD programmes around the world;
- has a clear focus in Metaphysics, Philosophy of Science, Philosophy of Mind, Ancient Philosophy and Medieval Philosophy;
- requires students to submit regular written work, to produce research papers and to develop their presentation and discussion skills;
- guarantees a personal tutor, who is one of the professors of the Master and provides regular one-on-one tutorials, feedback on written work, and guidance about future academic careers;
- offers the opportunity to work as a student assistant and to receive various scholarships.
Since 2018, students from the Master in Philosophy at USI have been accepted by PhD programmes in Alberta, Central European University, Durham, Geneva, Hong Kong, King’s College London, Leeds, Lisbon, Lucerne, Neuchâtel, Oxford (DPhil), Urbino, Western Ontario, Zurich.
The MAP is a two-year graduate degree (120 ECTS; usual duration: 2 years).
The language of the programme is English.