Institutional Development Service (SeSI)
The Service supports the implementation of the institutional development strategy of the Università della Svizzera italiana by pursuing the objectives of institutionalization of fundraising and relations with the various stakeholders.
It also supports fundraising for University projects, and is active in managing relationships with partners in order to create new opportunities for collaboration in support of its institutional, research, education and third mission activities.
To whom it is addressed:
The Institutional Development Service supports the University’s community and acts as a collector of project proposals that are aligned with the University's mission, its strategic direction and its priorities and that require funding not derived from competitive research.
To this end the Service:
- develops fundraising activities to support social, economic, scientific and cultural projects of the territory;
- fosters relations with foundations, associations, institutions, individuals, and other relevant entities;
- promotes projects for which the Service is responsible.
The Service also:
- provides technical opportunity advice for project ideas and support for projects that require direct or indirect external financial support;
- coordinates the development of the institutional portfolio of projects to be funded;
- monitors funding opportunities for projects that are under the responsibility of the Service;
- develops, maintain and coordinates the relationships with patrons, donors, sponsors, and funders.