The Controlling Service manages USI’s finances. To carry out this task, it is supported by an external accounting firm and it collaborates with other services of USI (especially the Research and Transfer Service and the Human Resources Unit).
The main tasks of the service are:
- updating of financial and analytical accounting,
- closing the annual accounts as well as communicating with the Cantonal Audit Office (responsible for the audit of the USI accounts),
- supporting the financial management of other services, faculties and institutes,
- supporting the administrative direction,
- creating statistics and analytical accounting according to the guidelines of the Swiss Federal Statistical Office.