Lepori, Benedetto Update data
- +41 58 666 4614
Stabile via Lambertenghi, Office 108 (Level 1)
Via Lambertenghi 10A, 6904 Lugano
Website or personal page
Dr. Benedetto Lepori holds a PhD in Communication Sciences with a thesis on the Swiss research and higher education policy at the University of Lugano in 2004. At the University of Lugano, he is the head of the Research Service and head of the research group on management and performance of research and higher education institutions inside the Centre of Organizational Research of the Faculty of Economics.
His research interests cover a broad range of topics in research and higher education studies. He is a recognized specialists in the analysis of research policies and, especially, public research funding. In this area, he coordinated the PRIME project on public project funding and he was co-coordinator of the European Contract on Joint and Open Programs (JOREP). He also worked extensively in the domain of higher education indicators and governance; he participated to PRIME-AQUAMETH and the European MIcroData study, while he is currently coordinator of the European Tertiary Education Register (ETER). He was also chair of the European Network of Indicator Designers conference series and he is currently member of the Coordination Board of the RISIS project on developing research infrastructure for research policy studies. More generally, he worked extensively on issues of higher education governance, university management and theory of S&T indicators.
He published extensively on these topics on journals like Research Policy, Science and Public Policy, Research Evaluation, Evaluation, Journal of Informetrics, Scientometrics, Higher Education and Studies in Higher Education.
1) Indicatori su Scienza, Tecnologia e Innovazione
- coordinamento della rete europea sugli indicatori e organizzazione delle conferenze sugli indicatori nell´ambito della rete di eccellenza europea sulle politiche della ricerca (PRIME).
- sviluppo metodologico di indicatori nel campo del finanziamento della ricerca.
- sviluppo di indicatori regionali sulla ricerca e l´educazione superiore.
2) Politica della ricerca e dell´educazione superiore
- analisi comparativa dei modelli di finanziamento della ricerca e del finanziamento di progetti a livello internazionale.
- analisi comparativa del fiunanziamento delle università a livello europeo.
- studi sulla politica della ricerca e le scuole universitarie in Svizzera.