Digital Fashion Communication: An Introduction
• Fashion – both users’ experience as well as the industry/sector at large – are closely intertwined with digital transformation processes
• This course will help:
– To understand digital transformation processes – “Digital Fashion” – especially when it comes to communication
– To become able to analyze fashion-related owned media, and to evaluate them
– To be aware of several implications of such processes.
The course will provide students with the methodological tools to conceive, plan and manage new media projects in the field of digital fashion communication. It includes a basic introduction of the relevant technological applications for the fashion industry communication and the different methods for the design and evaluation of digital fashion services, together with the management and promotional tools of web-based fashion communication. When it comes to different levels of knowledge, the above-mentioned competences entail that students should: know current digital fashion applications, technologies and successful practices; know how to plan, run and evaluate digital fashion communication related activities; and be aware of the crucial role played by ICT within the fashion industry.
The course is organized in formal (50% offline – 50% online) lessons complemented by case studies and testimonials.
Class attendance is required (Unless not possible for specific reasons).
The assessment will be undertaken in a form of collaborative group projects (30%) and a 2-hour written exam (70%).
- Kalbaska, N.,Sadaba, T.,Cantoni, L. (2019).Editorial: Fashion communication: Between tradition and digital transformation.SComs- Studies in Communication Sciences pp.269 - 285.
- Noris, A., Nobile, T.H., Kalbaska, N., Cantoni, L., (2020) Digital Fashion: A systematic Literature Review (Draft).
- Ornati M., Cantoni L. (2020) Fashion Touch in E-commerce: An Exploratory Study of Surface Haptic Interaction Experiences. In: Nah FH., Siau K. (eds) HCI in Business, Government and Organizations. HCII 2020. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 12204. Springer, Cham, pp. 493 - 503.
- Permatasari, P.A., Cantoni, L. (2019).Mapping Mobile Apps on Batik: A Journey across Heritage and Fashion. In Fashion Communication in the Digital Age. FACTUM 19 Fashion Communication Conference,Ascona, Switzerland, July 21-26, 2019. Springer, pp. 166 - 178.
- Rocamora, A., (2017) Mediatization and Digital Media in the Field of Fashion, Fashion Theory: The Journal of Dress, Body and Culture. 21:5, pp. 505 – 522.
Master of Science in Communication and Economics in Marketing and Transformative Economy, Elective course, Visual and Material Culture, 2nd year
Master of Science in Communication in Media Management, Elective course, Visual and Material Culture, 2nd year
Master of Science in Digital Fashion Communication, Core course, Core Course, 1st year