Business Process Modeling, Management and Mining
This lecture will introduce the students with notations and methodologies for modeling business processes and support their simulation, improvement, mining and execution within process-oriented information systems.
Business Process Management combines knowledge from information technology and management sciences and applies it to the automation, analysis, monitoring and improvement of operational business processes within large and small organizations. Without well-designed and well-defined process models, to be reliably and efficiently executed, organizations are unable to compete and will not survive in modern globalized marketplaces.
It features a mix of theoretical lectures with hands-on tutorials and practical assignments.
- Mathias Weske: Business Process Management: Concepts, Languages, Architectures, 3rd ed., Springer, 2019, ISBN 978-3-662-59431-5
- Marlon Dumas, Marcello La Rosa, Jan Mendling, Hajo Reijers, Fundamentals of Business Process Management, Springer, 2013, ISBN 978-3-642-33142-8
- Wil M. P. van der Aalst, Process Mining: Discovery, Conformance and Enhancement of Business Processes, Springer, 2011, ISBN 978-3-642-19344-6
- Master of Science in Informatics, Elective course, Lecture, 1st year
- Master of Science in Informatics, Elective course, Lecture, 2nd year
- Master of Science in Management and Informatics, Core course, Lecture, 1st year
- PhD programme of the Faculty of Informatics, Elective course, Lecture, 1st year (2 ECTS)
- PhD programme of the Faculty of Informatics, Elective course, Lecture, 2nd year (2 ECTS)