- Knowledge of the main legal rules governing communication in a commercial context
- Aptitude to behave in conformity with relevant regulations
- The media law module will deal with freedom of the press, pluralism and media concentration, rights and obligations of journalists (in particular editorial secrecy) and the status of broadcasting and internet platforms.
- The protection of reputation module concentrates on information duties of companies (in particular ad hoc publicity), legal remedies against attacks in media and on social networks (in particular defamation and calumny, as well as the right of reply), disloyal and untrustworthy behavior of employees (in particular whistleblowing).
- The marketing law module develops rules on advertising (in particular misleading and comparative advertising), radio and tv commercials, unfair competition as well as intrusive marketing techniques (in particular spamming, customers profiling and data mining).
- The intellectual property module will present elements of copyright, trademark, design and patent law, as well as the rules governing domain names.
Ex-cathedra lessons supplemented with case studies
Hybrid teaching: four weeks of contact teaching, three weeks of on line teaching.
One single exam (100% of the grade) at the end of the course (two hours of two modules, four hours for four modules). Open book. Practical cases.
No required readings.
- Benohr I. (2013), EU consumer law and human rights, Oxford
- Jung P. (2016), Bundesgesetz gegen den unlauteren Wettbewerb (UWG), Bern
- Dessemontet O., (2012), Intellectual Property Law in Switzerland, Bern
- Dreier Th. (ed.) (2016), Concise European copyright law (2nd ed.), Alphen aan den Rijn
- Masmejan D./Cottier B./Capt N. (2014), Commentaire de la loi sur la radio et la télévision, Berne.
- Nobel P., (2009) Unternehmenskommunikation, Zürich
- Oster J. (2017), European and International Media Law, Cambridge
- Razzante R. (2019), Manuale di diritto dell’informazione e della comunicazione, Milano
- Studer P., Mayr von Baldegg R. (2018), 5. Ausg.,Medienrecht für die Praxis, Zürich
- Weatherill S. (2013), EU consumer law and policy (2nd ed.), Cheltenham
- Master of Science in Communication and Economics in Corporate Communication, Core course, 1st year
- Master of Science in Communication and Economics in Marketing and Transformative Economy, Core course, 1st year
- Master of Science in Communication in Media Management, Core course, 1st year
- Master of Science in Digital Fashion Communication, Core course, 1st year