Lean Six Sigma
- Quality Systems
- Lean Thinking & Lean Six Sigma principles and tools
- Scientific management approach
- Basics of R
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is a methodology that relies on collaborative team efforts to improve performance that reduce process defects and waste, and also provide a framework for overall organizational cultural change.
Lean traditionally focuses on the elimination of the eight kinds of wastes while Six Sigma aims to reduce process variation enabling a virtuous cycle of iterative improvements towards the goal of continuous flow.
LSS, as an industry-agnostic methodology, provides tools and techniques that are applied in aerospace, electronics, telecom, banking and financial services, IT, HR, marketing etc. The course will discuss and present LSS quality management tools and principles and their organizational implications more than the statistical formulas and their application. For the few statistical application presented will be used R + R Studio.
Active participation to Lectures+Assignments.
Self Assessment questionnaire at the very first day of the course to set expectations
Exam and grading (# of points from 0 to 10)
- Written - MidTerm - first half of November (0 to 3 points)
- Written - Final Exam Session (0 to 3 points)
- Classroom participation + Assignments (0 to 4 point)
- Classroom hand-outs will be provided for each lesson.
- Six Sigma with R: Statistical Engineering for Process Improvement (Use R!); by Cano L. Moguerza J.M. 2012; ISBN: 1461436516
- Learning to See: Value Stream Mapping to Add Value and Eliminate MUDA; by Mike Rother, John Shook, Jim Womack; Lean Enterprise Institute; ISBN-13: 978-0966784305
- Lean Lexicon: A Graphical Glossary for Lean Thinkers; by John Shook, Chet Marchwinski Print Length: Lean Enterprise Institute, Inc; 5 edition
- Six Sigma for Managers: 24 Lessons to Understand and Apply Six Sigma Principles in Any Organization (The McGraw-Hill Professional Education Series) by Greg Brue Publisher: McGraw-Hill; 1 edition (June 6, 2005), ISBN-13: 978-0071455480
- The Basics of FMEA, 2nd Edition; by Raymond J. Mikulak, Robin McDermott, Productivity Press; 2 edition (December 10, 2008), ISBN-13: 978-1563273773"
- Master of Science in Economics in Management, Elective course, 2nd year
- Master of Science in Management and Informatics, Foundation course, 2nd year
- PhD programme of the Faculty of Informatics, Elective course, Lecture, 1st year (4 ECTS)
- PhD programme of the Faculty of Informatics, Elective course, Lecture, 2nd year (4 ECTS)