Introduction to Programming
- Algorithmic problem solving.
- Procedural programming.
- Object-oriented programming.
This course - aimed at students without prior programming experience - gives an introduction to programming with the Java programming language. It explains fundamental approaches to algorithmic problem solving. Students learn about declarative problem specification and procedural problem solving. The course focuses on procedural programming, but introduces also the basic concepts of object-oriented programming. It covers the software development phases of problem specification, software design, programming, testing, and debugging.
Lectures and exercises on the course topics.
The examination consists of periodic assignments and a final exam.
- Objects First with Java - A Practical Introduction using BlueJ; David J. Barnes & Michael Kölling; Sixth edition; Pearson Education, 2017 (ISBN-13: 978-0-13-447736-7)
- Master of Science in Financial Technology and Computing, Core course, Lecture, 1st year
- Master of Science in Management and Informatics, Foundation course, Management track, 1st year