Software Atelier: Simulation, Data Science & Supercomputing
The software atelier on simulation, data science, and supercomputing presents advanced topics in parallel computing and numerical simulation for prospective computational/software engineers.
Students will work in small groups on self-proposed and directed projects that address advanced and relevant computational challenges such as nonlinearity, scalability, and complexity of the underlying software. It is expected that students interface their projects with high-performance software packages that leverage modern distributed architectures.
Continuous guidance and suggestions will be provided to students during class tutorial sessions. Selected projects will be provided with the opportunity to participate in the poster session at the ACM Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing (PASC) conference. The course grading will be based on the final project report document and presentation.
The course is not offered in the academic year 2021/22
Examination will be done on a project.
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence, Elective course, 1st year
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence, Elective course, 2nd year
- Master of Science in Computational Science, Elective course, Lecture, 2nd year
- Master of Science in Computational Science, Elective course, 1st year
- Master of Science in Financial Technology and Computing, Elective course, 2nd year