The course theory part explores the following topics:
- 2D and 3D pose representation and transformations
- Workspace, C-Space, Degrees of Freedom
- Kinematics for arms and wheeled robots
- Feedback-based control
- Localization, Mapping, SLAM
- Path planning
The practical part explores algorithm implementations with Jupyter Notebooks and ROS.
Good Python programming skills are required for assignments and project work.
- Learn the fundamental problems, and their standard solutions, in autonomous mobile robotics and arm robotics.
- Gain hands-on experience in implementing algorithms for mobile robots using Python
- Learn to use ROS, a powerful ecosystem for robotics
- Implementing algorithms and solving exercises
- Studying theory topics
- Hands-on projects
- 50% theory (written exam)
- 50% labs and assignments