Omnichannel and personalization strategies in fashion retail experience
At the end of the course, the students will be able to:
• gain an in-depth understanding of the fashion sector (categories from lifestyle, garments, accessories to beauty);
• a basic understanding of how such categories are declined in luxury/mass production fashion;
• critically analyze and evaluate the impact of digital in fashion retail;
• understand the role and challenges of personalization and multichannel experience in the concerned field.
The course will provide a broad and critical view of the different implications of omnichannel and personalization strategies in digital fashion retail.
Students are required to reflect on:
• the tools and methods to analyze the differences between the categories of fashion and their position in the fashion market;
• the crucial role played by ICTs to deliver an omnichannel and personalized experience in the fashion industry;
• digital technologies in retail.
The course is organized in formal face-to-face lessons complemented by case studies and firsthand in-store experience.
The assessment will be undertaken in a form of a collaborative group project (30%) and an individual report (70%).