The Quality Assurance Service is responsible for a sound administration of quality assurance within the USI focused on the three main domains: teaching, research, and services to the academic community.
The Service’s activity programme includes:
- Collecting and elaborating statistical data on students, assistants, teachers and professors, services and infrastructure.
- Carrying out the students’ feedback on every semester course for all five USI faculties.
- Yearly, biannual or targeted surveys on the satisfaction of all USI users: students, academic and administrative staff, researchers, etc.
- Providing support in all the review and evaluation procedures organised by the Rectorate and by the Academic Senate.
- Contact and collaboration with the Swiss Federal Statistical Office, which collects data on students and graduates, and manages the Swiss universities statistical systems.
- Collaboration with the Swiss Agency of Accreditation and Quality Assurance (AAQ) and be part to the Swiss universities quality network (Q-Netzwerk).
- Providing support to all USI services and faculties with regard to information, surveys, evaluations and feedbacks, and statistical operations.
- Implementation of a system of indicators and of performance measurement for data collection (in collaboration with the Reseach Service).