Word formation as a structuring Device of the English and Italian Lexicons: A Large-Scale Exploration
In this project, knowledge databases for English and Italian have been created. Each database contains the following information for one language:
- a significant portion of the lexicon (approximately 60'000 lexemes for each language),
- the word formation rules, and the relationships between words in accordance with these word formation rules.
By building on the foundations available in the Word Manager project, the goal of developing high quality, consistent databases could be achieved with a reasonable effort.
- Formal description of word formation processes
- Reusable morphological lexicon
- Analysis and generation of words
- Contrastive analysis of word formation in English and Italian
- Large-scale testing of general morphological theories