Goal of this course is to provide PhD students and teaching assistants of the Faculties of Communication Sciences at USI with a basic training on Teaching and Learning at the Bachelor and Master levels. That competence will integrate their competences in research, with a significant benefit for their future academic career.
At the end of the course participants will:
- know basic notions of pedagogy and didactics and their implications for the teaching practice;
- be able to consistently design teaching activities with a proper selection of teaching strategies;
- be able to effectively run teaching activities, using the appropriate tools and managing students in the classroom;
- be able to design and run effective evaluations of teaching activities;
- be more aware of the most important learning/teaching dynamics.
The in-presence workload for participants will be 28 hours (3 ECTS):
- 20 hours of classes
- 8 hours for the presentation & discussion of a final lecture
- Principles of teaching and learning I
- Principles of teaching and learning II
- Fundamentals of Instructional design
- ICT in teaching & learning
- Assessment, evaluation and tutoring/mentoring
- Lectures by students and debriefing I
- Lectures by students and debriefing II
Evaluation and accreditation
Participants will be required to:
- prepare a 40-minutes lecture about a topic they feel confident with; they will teach their lecture during the last classes
- write a short report about the Instructional (re-)design process they have adopted for the preparation of the lecture.