This course focuses on the statistical analysis of social scientific data sets. The course is especially designed to provide students with the fundamental skills to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of various data-analytical objectives and techniques;
- Critically consume empirical research findings presented in scholarly journals and popular culture reports;
- Assess the appropriateness of various data-analytical techniques in response to questions asked by communication researchers;
- Select appropriate data-analytical strategies based on certain variables of interest;
- Conduct basic statistical analyses on their own empirical data sets.