Human Resources Management
This course provides student with a basic knowledge of the main HR processes (recruitment, development, compensation, talent management), which affect people management in an organization. Specifically, we illustrate how HR strategy and operational activity are connected to overall organizational business goals, and what role is assigned to line managers in talent development. By the end of the course the students will be able to:
- evaluate the alignment between business and HR strategy
- analyze the major HR practices within an organization
- understand the relationship between line management and HR professional roles in people management and talent development
- identify the explicit or implicit people strategy adopted by an organization.
Evaluation and grading
The grading is based on
· 30% on the students’ performance during the course, i.e. in-class activities, participation, etc.
· 70% on the final written exam.
Bratton, J. and Gold, J. (2012), Human Resource Management: Theory and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan, New York, Fifth Edition
Master of Science in Economics in Management, Corso obbligatorio, Conoscenze di base, 1° anno
Master of Science in Management and Informatics, Corso a scelta, Corso, 1° anno
Master of Science in Management and Informatics, Corso a scelta, Corso, 2° anno