e-Commerce and Cyber Security
Docente titolare del corso
Docente titolare del corso
This course will tackle the aspects of e-Commerce and its potential in the tourism and fashion industry. It will start with the introduction to the concept of e-Commerce, its history, and potential future developments. The holistic overview of the e-Commerce process will be introduced, including the issues of logistics, payments, connection of offline stores and online sales environments. The second part of the course is dedicated to cyber security. E-commerce is particularly affected by cyber attacks, as it is exposed and therefore vulnerable. We will look at the history of cyber crime, techniques and basic principles of cyber security.
- E-Commerce fundamentals;
- The potential of E-Commerce for the tourism and fashion industry;
- E-Commerce history and potential future developments;
- Holistic overview of the e-Commerce process;
- Cyber crime history, development and most used techniques;
- Understanding motivations and intents of cyber criminals;
- Fundamentals of cyber security and digital risk in the e-Commerce world;
- Fashion brands specifics digital threats;
- Future perspective of risks and mitigation measures.
Modalità di insegnamento
The course consists of theoretical lessons and practical works
The evaluation of the course will be done based on a written exam.
Additional Optional Literature
- Laudon, K., C., and Traver, C., G. (2021). E-commerce 2020-2021: business.
technology. society. Harlow: Pearson
- Cybersecurity - Mauro Vignati - 2021 - Bibliography
- Bytes, Bombs, and Spies: The Strategic Dimensions of Offensive Cyber, Herbert Lin, Amy Zegart, Brookings Inst Pr (December 2018)
- Cybercrime and Society, Majid Yar and Kevin F. Steinmetz, SAGE Publications Ltd; 3rd edition (April 2019)
- Cybercrime: The Transformation of Crime in the Information Age, David S. Wall, Polity (Sep 2007)
- Cybercrime: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues), Bernadette H. Schell, Clemens Martin, ABC-CLIO (October 2004)
- Inside the Dark Web, Erdal Ozkaya, Rafiqul Islam (CRC Press June 2019)
- Principles of Cybercrime, Jonathan Clough (Cambridge University Press; May 2010)
- Cybercrime: Security and Surveillance in the Information Age, Brian D. Loader and Douglas Thomas ( Routledge, May 2013)
- The Hacker and the State: Cyber Attacks and the New Normal of Geopolitics, Ben Buchanan (Harvard University Press, February 2020)
- Click Here to Kill Everybody: Security and Survival in a Hyper-connected World, Bruce Schneier (W. W. Norton & Company, October 2019)
- Master of Arts in Economics and Communication in International Tourism (COM), Lezione, eTourism, A scelta, 1° anno
- Master of Science in Digital Fashion Communication, Lezione, 1° anno