Human Resources Management
The seven in-class sessions will concentrate on the following topics:
- Business strategy and people management: the need for a structured approach to managing human resources in tourism
- The interplay between service models, processes, and organizational roles
- Employee branding: how to become an employer of choice
- Recruitment and selection in tourism
- Learning and development
- Performance management and recognition in tourism
- Diversity, Equity, and inclusion in tourism
To provide students with a basic understanding of the importance of people management in the provision of services within tourism organizations and to illustrate the different areas of practice in Human resource management (recruitment, selection, training and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, etc.)
Modalità di insegnamento
The structure of each session will follow this framework:
- Content: Description of the topic, relevant research and literature to identify the key learning objects
- Reflection: thirty minutes of reflection on their experience on the topic in small groups, using an individual diary distributed on the first day of class
- Experience: either a practical exercise, or a keynote or a case study.
Activities require students an active participation and preparation of materials and readings beforehand.
Students will need to download and read slide presentations, case studies and readings made accessible through the institutional ICorsi platform.
Active participation during classes will be evaluated.