Customer Experience and Relationship Management
The profitability of any company increasingly depends on its ability to design and deploy effective customer experiences and implement successful customer relationship strategies. Customer experience design and customer relationship management are closely intertwined. While the quality of the customer experience will determine to a large extent the nature of the relationship companies can establish with their customers, customer relationship management itself also serves to enhance the customer's overall experience.
A customer experience is the sum of all interactions a customer has with a company over the duration of their relationship with that company. It starts with the way a customer becomes aware of a brand’s existence, and continues through the cycle of comparison, purchase, use of the product or service, the decision to renew or repurchase, any word-of-mouth effects, and all other relationship-defining activities.
Evidence shows that the companies that win in the moments that matter are those that obsess about customers, the experience they design and deploy for them, and the relationships they are able to build and sustain with them.
This course considers how to design and deploy the most effective strategies and tactics at each stage of the customer experience, that is, in the pre-purchase, purchase, and post-purchase phases. We will look at each stage and consider how to build, strengthen and maintain effective customer experiences and sustainable customer relationships.
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Manage the entire customer experience process, before, during and after the purchase.
- Develop strategies that place customers at the core of the company’s strategic thinking.
- Build and maintain profitable relationships with customers by focusing on the entire customer experience.
- Identify and fine-tune the critical moments that define a successful customer experience and that lead to valuable long-term relationships.
- Design, deploy and manage effective customer experiences and CRM strategies with a view to achieving a competitive advantage.
Modalità di insegnamento
The teaching method is a blend of lectures, case studies, practical exercises & activities, and guest speakers.
Students must attend at least 50% of lectures, and must take part in the group project.
The final assessment for this course is based on a final written exam worth 70% of the final mark.
There is also a group-work element, worth 30% of the final grade, in the form of a presentation held in the final lectures.