Research Methods II
This course will teach you the fundamentals of conducting and writing up rigorous research in management. These are important pieces of knowledge and skills that will help you designing, developing and writing your master thesis at best. Topics include the criteria for choosing between quantitative and qualitative methods, understanding whether and why you should study (or not) a given topic, learning about different types of qualitative methods, learning how to collect and analyze textual data. You will also discuss and present your own ideas for the master thesis.
- Understand the main differences between qualitative and quantitative methods
- Understand what a research question is
- Appreciate the difference between doing research and reinventing the wheel
- Practice the collection of interview data
- Distinguish between different qualitative methods (case studies, comparative case studies, ethnography, etc.)
- Learn how to code textual data
- Learn how to develop theoretical models that capture your empirical observations
- Learning the best structure for writing-up your research
Modalità di insegnamento
Lecture; individual and team work; in-class Power Point presentations.
100% presentation of your master thesis (in PPt or equivalent). The presentation will have to reveal the learning and application of the course concepts of relevance.