Agata A. Lambrechts holds a PhD in Education with a thesis on the higher education opportunities for refugee background students in Europe at the University of York in 2020. At the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI), she is a postdoctoral research at the Institute of Communication and Public Policy.
Her research interests cover a range of topics in research and higher education studies, including that on research funding, diversity of higher education institutions, migration and higher education, doctoral education and academic careers, in particular – the gender inequalities in academic labour.
She has published her research in edited volumes and journals such as Higher Education, Journal of Qualitative Research Methods, Studies in Graduate and Postdoctoral Education, Economics and Sociology, and International Higher Education.
- Diversity and characterisation of higher education systems
- Comparative analysis of national research policies and funding systems
- Internationalisation of higher education
- Higher education alliances
- Gender inequalities in the academic labour