USI's IT Service contributes to the achievement of the professional and learning objectives of lecturers, researchers, students and staff by managing IT infrastructures, providing support to users, developing information systems and contributing to research and teaching support. The IT Service operates on the three USI sites of Lugano, Mendrisio and Bellinzona.
The services provided include:
- Communication and collaboration services, such as local network management, management of the regional academic network and integration into the SWITCH academic network
- management of digital identities and computer and physical access;
- IT services and tools to support the individual activities of members of the academic community, such as the management of desktop and laptop computers and the provision of standard software;
- services for storing and sharing data and documents (e.g. file server space) and securing them;
- management of IT tools to support teaching activities, in collaboration with the Laboratory for e-learning applications;
- Support services for researchers' activities, such as management of high-performance computing platforms and storage of research data, in collaboration with the Research and Knowledge Transfer Service and the University Libraries;
- development of business applications and data management to support the university's administrative and decision-making processes, such as the student management system;
- management of IT tools and infrastructures available to internal users to enable them to develop further services for the benefit of the academic community, for example: web site infrastructures (in collaboration with the web and graphics service) and virtualised servers.
Practical information about the services available to users, related documentation and contact channels to user support are available at www.desk.usi.ch/en/help-desk.
Via Buffi 13
tel. +41 58 666 46 10