The negotiation process is a part of every manager’s day-to-day activities with people inside and outside the organization, people whose cooperation is essential to attain your goals. These negotiation sessions will focus on understanding and developing negotiation as an essential managerial skill.
The course focuses on Elements of a Negotiation Model, Principles of Negotiation and Process of Negotiation.
During the module, we will concentrate on trying to attain the following objectives:
- To improve your ability to negotiate in competitive as well as collaborative situations.
- To increase your level of awareness of the negotiation process.
- To become familiar with specific concepts and principles that will enhance your negotiation effectiveness.
- To reflect on your personal style and the impact it has on others.
- Introduction to the negotiation model
- Principles and process of negotiation
- The Competitive-Collaborative tension in negotiations: Co-opetition
- Integrating competitive & collaborative strategies
- Developing creative solutions for negotiation
Evaluation of the course will be done on the basis of assignment and class participation.
Final grade will comprise of:
Class participation 40%
Final assignment (which will be further divided into two sub-components) 60%
Enrollment required. Limited number of participants.
Master of Science in Economics in Management, Elective course, Elective course, 2nd year