In this course, students will learn how to
- Translate real world problems into formal models.
- Apply different methods to improve a current solution.
- Determine the optimal solution to a formal model.
- Do quick ad-hoc analyses using Pivot tables.
- Aggregate and analyse large date sets using different EXCEL functions.
This course will show you how to analyse a surprisingly wide array of business planning and decision problems using spreadsheet models. We will cover to broad topics: (1) analysing data and (2) modelling decision problems.
It is a very hands-on class, learning by doing. In class and in the assignments, we will analyse datasets and implement models to solve business problems.
Not mandatory. But I will ask students to present and discuss their solutions to the assignments.
100% Assignments (individual), no exam.
No readings required.
- Master of Science in Economics in Management, Core course, 1st year
- Master of Science in Management and Informatics, Elective course, Lecture, 1st year
- Master of Science in Management and Informatics, Elective course, Lecture, 2nd year