This course will provide students with an understanding of “Sustainable Fashion”. Students will learn about the dirty side of the fashion industry (health, economic, labor, and environment) and how companies and supply chains are addressing these problems by going “sustainable”. We will examine trends in the sustainable fashion industry and the ways in which such labels and items are communicated to consumers. We focus on value creation and the ways in which digital communication can be used to effectively sell sustainable fashion.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the impact of the fashion industry beyond “fashion”
- Define sustainable fashion
- Describe key factors in communicating and creating value in sustainable fashion
- Advise others on how to be more sustainable, when it comes to fashion
Lectures will be coupled with problem-based learning and case study methods of teaching.
This is master's level education and so you should be in class. If you are not in class, you are responsible for the content covered. The professor does not excuse absences nor take attendance.
The mark for this course will consist of:
30% case study assignment. Instructions will be posted on iCorsi.
70% individual examination. Administered online and composed of short answers, multiple choice questions, and case study.
- Master of Science in Digital Fashion Communication, Lecture, 1st year