Writing business plans
Business plan, business planning, entrepreneurship and strategic management Market analysis and marketing planning Market forecast Competitive analysis Product system design and competitive advantage creation and defence Firm structure design Organisation design Make, Buy and connect decisions Competitive - advantage based alliances Financial simulation How to evaluate the business plan.
How to write a business plan (McKinsey)
Business Plan Hand Book, Thompson Gale
This course offers participants the opportunity to learn to develop and evaluate business plans. The course is built on the knowledge already acquired by a student of the Master in Management and it simulates an entrepreneurial experience. Students are required to develop business plans for two different start-ups: one for a manufacturing company and the other in a services company.
This course is based on a learning-by-doing approach. Students will work in groups on the two business plans and will evaluate their peers´ business plans. Time pressure is part of the teaching approach, as well as the ability of organizing group activities. Tutorial classes will help groups to focus their efforts and in dealing with methodological issues.
The grade is based on: Teaser (15%), the video PITCH (20%) and the BP (65%) prepared during the course.
All assignments are team based
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence, Lecture, Elective, 1st year
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence, Lecture, Elective, 2nd year
- Master of Science in Communication and Economics in Corporate Communication, Lecture, Thematic Area: Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Elective, 2nd year
- Master of Science in Communication and Economics in Marketing and Transformative Economy, Lecture, Thematic Area: Stategy and Entrepreneurship, Elective, 2nd year
- Master of Science in Communication in Media Management, Lecture, Thematic Area: Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Elective, 2nd year
- Master of Science in Economics in Management, Lecture, Concentration Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Elective, 2nd year