The negotiation process is a part of every manager’s day-to-day activities with people inside and outside the organization, people whose cooperation is essential to attain your goals. These negotiation sessions will focus on understanding and developing negotiation as an essential managerial skill.
The course focuses on Elements of a Negotiation Model, Principles of Negotiation and Process of Negotiation.
- Introduction to the negotiation model
- Principles and process of negotiation
- The Competitive-Collaborative tension in negotiations: Co-opetition
- Integrating competitive & collaborative strategies
- Developing creative solutions for negotiation
Enrollment required. Limited number of participants.
During the module, we will concentrate on trying to attain the following objectives:
- To improve your ability to negotiate in competitive as well as collaborative situations.
- To increase your level of awareness of the negotiation process.
- To become familiar with specific concepts and principles that will enhance your negotiation effectiveness.
- To reflect on your personal style and the impact it has on others.
The course uses an experiential learning approach. Given that Negotiation is a skill, the course will use negotiation exercises and simulations followed by debriefing sessions as the principal learning method.
Evaluation will be done on the basis of
Class Participation : 40%
Negotiation Journals : 60% (Students will be required to submit a journal based on their experience in the negotiation simulations and the conclusions they draw about their own negotiation style).