The course reviews the following main topics:
• Accounting: The language of the business
• Measuring income to assess performance
• Recording transactions and accrual accounting
• Statement of Cash Flow
• Accounting for Sales, Inventories and Long-lived assets
• Accounting for Liabilities (Bonds and Leases)
• Analysis of the financial statements (DuPont framework)
• Intercorporate Investments, M&A and Consolidation
• Quality of the financial statements (Forensic accounting)
The main objective of the course is to teach students to read, understand and analyze the financial statements.
Students are expected to know accounting terminology and basic financial accounting concepts and tools.
Formal lectures, practical exercises and case discussions
70% written exam