Executive Master in Business Administration (EMBA)
The USI EMBA is a modular, advanced master in management degree, taught in English, by the exceptional international faculty at Università della Svizzera italiana. Participants meet once a month in Lugano for four days, from Thursday to Sunday, over a period of fourteen months. The program’s flexible format allows managers and executives to complete all the courses while working full time. The degree ends with the opportunity for participants to apply their new knowledge and skills: under the guidance of a professor, they carry out a three-month keystone consulting project.
Global Business Knowledge At Your Fingertips.
- Distinguished, international faculty with extensive experience: both from leading international business schools and from strategic consulting companies around the world.
- Personalized learning experience: thanks to the small class size of fifteen to twenty participants, exchanges between participants and faculty are meaningful and tutoring ensures that each individual gains the maximum from the courses.
- Tailored advanced courses: out of a list of proposed courses, the participants will select collectively four of them.
- Balance between theory, concepts and applied learning: permanent and guest instructors share their knowledge and guide participants in the practical application of new concepts and competences.
- At USI EMBA we strongly believe that networking is key to business success and an integral part of the EMBA experience. We offer many networking opportunities to our participants: you will have access to an exclusive and extensive international network.
- The USI EMBA transforms your life: new business, new companies, new positions and significant promotion, new high quality and challenging products developed, new markets reached and new understanding.
- Outstanding location: a breathtakingly beautiful setting for inspired learning.
The USI EMBA7 starts in April 2017 and continues through October 2018. Classes are held in Lugano every month, for sixteen months – except during August – and are taught over four consecutive days, beginning on Thursday morning at 10am and continuing until Sunday at 12.30pm.
The program consists of ten core courses, four advanced courses and a three- month project work at the end of the program.
During the core curriculum, two courses will be taught in parallel: one in the morning and the other one in the afternoon for four consecutive days, from Thursday through Sunday. Courses will begin with a 4-day block and continue, one month later, with the next 4-day block. Two blocks make up a module. Between each half a module there will be time to reflect on the learning acquired and work on the assignments for the module’s two subjects. The advanced courses will generally be done over just one block, i.e. four days.
The program operates on a rolling admissions policy. Since class size is limited, candidates are advised to apply as early as possible. For the course starting in April 2017 the final deadline for submitting applications is February 20, 2017.
“Early Bird” Fee
Students who apply to our program before 30th September 2016 will automatically be eligible for our Early Bird scholarship from your fees for 2017/2018
Invest in yourself