This module encompasses contents of three different medical specialties: Rheumatology, Allergology-Immunology and Dermatology, consequently, the acronym RAID has been applied. In these specialties, patients with miscellaneous disorders are treated. However, there is often an overlap of symptoms e.g. diseases affecting skin and joints, or in systemic disorders in which several organs are affected, emphasizing the importance of a multidisciplinary approach.
Every week is focused on a main topic: 1) Skin and mucosa, 2) Bones, joints and back, 3) Hypersensitivities and 4) Systemic immune disorders.
In multidisciplinary lessons, you will become familiar with general themes addressing aspects on diagnostic procedures and therapeutic modalities. For the clinical days, we have established a rotating system, that all students get an insight into the specialties. On one day you will be in General Internal Medicine in groups of two. On the other day, in small groups, you will follow a day each in Dermatology and Allergology, and a day each in Rheumatology / Immunology and in a diagnostic Immunology lab.
During the campus days, there are frontal lectures, complemented by two practical courses on skin and joints, as well as structured case seminars. In the latter, preparation in advance by the students is crucial. A particular case will be presented beforehand on iCorsi3, which will then be discussed in three groups guided by tutors. At the end, the groups will present their case solution to each other. At the end of each week a “Weekly Review” includes a wrap-up of the week’s topics, asking and answering questions or deepen particular issues of the elapsed week. We wish you an interesting and challenging experience!
Elenco dei corsi
- Case 01-1: Diagnostic and therapeutic approaches in dermatology, Gilardi S., Montaldi G.
- Case 01-2: Hair loss/Nail changes, Gaviria Morales E., Grizzetti L., Pelloni L.
- Case 01-3: Diagnostic approaches in rheumatology, Keller N., Masina N., Zanisi L.
- Case 01-4: Chronic ulceration of skin and/or oral mucosa, Bircher A., Cammalleri D., Chizzolini C.
- Case 02-1: (Pre) Malignant skin tumors (nodes/tumors, dark/black lesions), Beltraminelli H., Cammalleri D., Mangas De Arriba C.
- Case 02-2: Swelling of face, lips, neck, Bergmann M., Ferrari G., Terrani I.
- Case 02-3: Hemorrhagic skin lesions, Beltraminelli H., Bircher A., Mainetti C. A. M.
- Case 02-4: The various faces of lupus erythematodes, Beltraminelli H., Chizzolini C., Mainetti C. A. M.
- Homeostasis repetition bloc, Gabutti L.
- Introduction Immune mechanisms, Bircher A.
- Multidiscipl. 01-10: Systemic immune modulatory therapy, Limongelli V.
- Multidiscipl. 01-11: Imaging in Rheumatology, Del Grande F.
- Multidiscipl. 01-12: (Skin) problems in immune deficiency, Bernasconi E., Bircher A.
- Multidiscipl. 01-9: Classification of pigmented lesions, Beltraminelli H.
- Multidiscipl. 02-10: Immunosuppressive therapy, Limongelli V.
- Multidiscipl. 02-11: Imaging in autoimmune disorders, Del Grande F.
- Multidiscipl. 02-12: Biological drugs in rheumatology, Villiger P.
- Multidiscipl. 02-9: Topical skin therapy, Terrani I.
- Test 1: Week review skin & mucosa, Beltraminelli H., Terrani I.
- Test 2: Week review hypersensitivities, Bircher A.
- Test 3: Weekly review bones & joints, Beltraminelli H., Bircher A.
- Test 4: Week review systemic immune disorders, Bircher A., Chizzolini C.
- Theory 01-1: Skin infections / parasites (vesicles, pustules/crusts), Terrani I.
- Theory 01-2: Granulomatous and nodular disorders, Bircher A.
- Theory 01-3: Acute inflammatory joint pain, Villiger P.
- Theory 01-4: Pain and weakness of the musculoskeletal system, Chizzolini C.
- Theory 02-1: Eczematous disorders (papulovesicles, squames), Terrani I.
- Theory 02-2: Drug hypersensitivity to xenobiotics, Bircher A.
- Theory 02-3: Chronic degenerative joint pain, Villiger P.
- Theory 02-4: Differential diagnosis of vasculitis, Chizzolini C.
- Theory 03-1: Pigment disturbances, Mangas De Arriba C.
- Theory 03-2: Differential diagnosis of severe skin Inflammation, Bircher A.
- Theory 03-3: Back pain, Villiger P.
- Theory 03-4:Emergencies in Rheumatology-Immunology, Chizzolini C.
- Theory 04-1: Itch, Mangas De Arriba C.
- Theory 04-2: Respiratory tract hypersensitivity, Ferrari G.
- Theory 04-3: Systemic autoimmune disorders with joint involvement, Villiger P.
- Theory 04-4: Papulosquamous disorders (Psoriasis, Lichen, GVHD), Bircher A.
- Theory 05-1: Benign skin tumors (nodes), Beltraminelli H.
- Theory 05-2: Gastrointestinal tract hypersensitivity, Ferrari G.
- Theory 05-3: Systemic autoimmune disorders with skin and mucosal involvement, Beltraminelli H., Villiger P.
- Theory 05-4: Emergencies in Dermatology, Bircher A.
- Theory 06-1: Papulopustular dermatoses, Terrani I.
- Master in Medicina, Corso obbligatorio, 1° anno