Digital Fashion Communication: An Introduction
Docente titolare del corso
The course will provide a comprehensive overview on the digital transformation of the fashion sector, while stressing the close relationship among fashion, culture and communication. By doing so, it will introduce learners to the overall itinerary of the Master in Digital Fashion Communication, providing a map and a compass to navigate within it.
It will also present specific cases related to digital media owned by the companies themselves (websites, mobile apps, newsletters…).
Students will know current digital fashion applications, technologies, and successful practices; know how to interpret the digital transformation of fashion (especially of its communication) within long term technical and sociocultural processes; and will be aware of the crucial role played by ICTs within the fashion industry.
This course will help:
- To understand digital transformation processes – “Digital Fashion” – especially when it comes to communication
- To become able to analyze fashion-related owned media, and to evaluate them
- To be aware of several implications of such processes.
Modalità di insegnamento
The course is organized in formal lessons complemented by case studies and testimonials.
The assessment will be undertaken in a form of a collaborative group project (30%) and a 2-hour written exam (70%).
Class attendance is required.
Required Materials: all items in the Bibliography
Kalbaska, Nadzeya, Sádaba, Teresa, Cantoni, Lorenzo. "Editorial: Fashion communication: Between tradition and digital transformation" Studies in Communication Sciences, 18, 2 (2019).
Nobile, Tekila Harley, Cantoni, Lorenzo. "Digital Fashion Communication: An Explorative Study of Fashion Newsletters" Design, User Experience, and Usability: Design for Contemporary Technological Environments: 326-339.
Nobile, Tekila Harley, Noris, Alice, Kalbaska, Nadzeya, Cantoni, Lorenzo. "A review of digital fashion research: before and beyond communication and marketing" International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education, 14, 3 (2021): 293-301.
Noris, Alice, Cantoni, Lorenzo. "COVID-19 Outbreak and Fashion Communication Strategies on Instagram: A Content Analysis" Design, User Experience, and Usability: Design for Contemporary Technological Environments: 340-355.
Noris, Alice, Nobile, Tekila Harley, Kalbaska, Nadzeya, Cantoni, Lorenzo. "Digital Fashion: A systematic literature review. A perspective on marketing and communication" Journal of Global Fashion Marketing, 12, 1 (2020): 32-46.
Ornati, Michela, Cantoni, Lorenzo. "FashionTouch in E-commerce: An Exploratory Study of Surface Haptic Interaction Experiences" HCI in Business, Government and Organizations: 493-503.
Portela, Camila, Kalbaska, Nadzeya, Cantoni, Lorenzo. "Omni-channel Retailing in the Fashion Industry: Its Definition and Implementation" Fashion Communication: 3-15.
- Master of Science in Communication and Economics in Corporate Communication, Lezione, Thematic Area: Visual and Material Culture, A scelta, 2° anno
- Master of Science in Communication and Economics in Marketing and Transformative Economy, Lezione, Thematic Area: Visual and Material Culture, A scelta, 2° anno
- Master of Science in Communication in Media Management, Lezione, Thematic Area: Visual and Material Culture, A scelta, 2° anno
- Master of Science in Digital Fashion Communication, Lezione, 1° anno