Effective High-Performance Computing & Data Analytics
Docente titolare del corso
This CSCS/USI summer university course will focus on the effective exploitation of state-of-the-art hybrid High-Performance Computing (HPC) systems with a special focus on Data Analytics.
Starting from an introductory explanation of the available systems at CSCS, the course will progress to more applied topics such as parallel programming on accelerators, code optimization, scientific libraries, and deep learning software frameworks.
- GPU architectures
- GPU CUDA programming
- Performance optimization and scientific libraries (Kokkos)
- Python HPC libraries (Numpy/SciPy/Dask/Numba)
The course "Effective High-Performance Computing & Data Analytics" will be offered online as well to also allow double-degree Master's students and EUMaster4HPC Master's students to enroll. The summer school will be organized from Monday July 24 to Friday July 28.
Further information and content on registration is available on here.
The content of the course is tailored for intermediate graduate students (3rd year Bachelor's students, Master’s students, and Ph.D students) interested in both learning parallel programming models and having hands-on experience using HPC systems.
Modalità di insegnamento
Extensive practical and exercise lab sessions.
The examination method will be an online quiz on the last day of the summer university program on Friday, July 28, 2023, at 11:30 CEST (Central European Summer Time).
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence, Lezione, A scelta, 1° anno
- Master of Science in Computational Science, Lezione, A scelta, 1° anno
- Master of Science in Computational Science, Lezione, A scelta, 2° anno
- High-Performance Computing, Schenk O., Holt T. A. B., Lechekhab M., SA 2021-2022