The objective of OIKONET -the OIKODOMOS Network- is to create a platform of collaboration to study contemporary housing from a multidisciplinary and global perspective by encompassing the multiple dimensions which condition the forms of dwelling in today’s societies: architectural, urban, environmental, economic, cultural and social.
The consolidated OIKODOMOS Virtual Campus will grow into a network by:
1. Incorporating other disciplines to the study of contemporary housing, such as economics, social studies and historical preservation;
2. Including social and community organizations in the design and implementation of learning activities;
3. Addressing the global dimension of housing research, with the participation on non-European partners;
4. Expanding the OIKODOMOS Virtual Campus to a larger number of institutions, inside and outside Europe and
5. Enhancing the existing digital platform with new environments which will support the network's learning activities.Promoting pedagogic innovation in the field of housing studies is the ultimate goal of OIKONET. The learning activities carried out in the network will overcome boundaries between physical and digital learning spaces by promoting a blended learning approach which was successfully developed in the OIKODOMOS virtual campus. A digital environment will support the exchange of knowledge across the different areas of knowledge represented in the network and the communication among the participants.