Articolo pubblicato in rivista scientifica (29)
- Náfrádi L., Galimberti E., Nakamoto K., Schulz P. J. (2016) Intentional and unintentional medication non-adherence in hypertension: the role of health literacy, empowerment and medication beliefs, Journal of Public Health Research; 5:762:111-115
- Germeni E., Orizio G., Nakamoto K., Wunsch M., Schulz P. J. (2015) Experiences of cancer caregiving in socioeconomically deprived areas of Attica, Greece, Qualitative Health Research 25(7):988-995
- Allam A., Kostova Lyubomirova Z., Nakamoto K., Schulz P. J. (2015) The Effect of Social Support Features and Gamification on a Web-Based Intervention for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients: Randomized Controlled Trial, Journal of Medical Internet Research, 17 (1)
- Allam A., Schulz P. J., Nakamoto K. (2014) The Impact of Search Engine Selection and Sorting Criteria on Vaccination Beliefs and Attitudes: Two Experiments Manipulating Google Output, Journal of Medical Internet Research, 16 (4)
- Germeni E., Orizio G., Nakamoto K., Wunsch M., Schulz P. J. (2013) American physician perceptions of direct-to-consumer advertising: A qualitative study, Journal of Communication in Healthcare 6(2):135-141
- Schulz P. J., Nakamoto K. (2013) Health Literacy AND Patient Empowerment in Health Communication: The Importance of Separating Conjoined Twins, Patient Education & Counseling (forthcoming).:4-11
- Schulz P. J., Nakamoto K. (2013) Patient Behavior and the Benefits of Artificial Intelligence: The Perils of “Dangerous” Literacy and Illusory Patient Empowerment., Patient Education and Counseling 92 (2):4-11
- Camerini L., Schulz P. J., Nakamoto K. (2012) Differential Effects of Health Knowledge and Health Empowerment Over Patients’ Self-Management and Health Outcomes: A Cross-sectional evaluation, Patient Education and Counseling, (Epub ahead of print Sept. 4, 2012).
- Schulz P. J., Nakamoto K. (2012) Health Literacy AND Empowerment: The Importance of Separating Conjoined Concepts, Patient Education and Counseling (forthcoming)
- Anjala K., Nakamoto K. (2009) Improving Consumer Quality-Efficiency by Using Simple Adaptive Feedback in a Choice Setting, International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology, 34:3, 155-164
- Wunsch M. J., Nakamoto K., Behonick G., Massello W. (2009) Opioid Deaths in Rural Virginia: A Description of the High Prevalence of Accidental Fatalities Involving Prescribed Medications, American Journal on Addictions, 18:1, 5-14.
- Wunsch M. J., Nakamoto K., Nuzzo P. A., Behonick G., Massello W., Walsh S. L. (2009) Prescription drug fatalities among women in rural Virginia: a study of medical examiner cases, Journal of Opioid Management, 5:4 (July/August), 228-236.
- Lynnea M., Nakamoto K. (2008) Understanding the Role of Consumer Motivation and Salesperson Behavior in Inducing Positive Cognitive and Emotional Responses During a Sales Encounter, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practise, 16 (Summer), 183-198
- Zhou K. Z., Nakamoto K. (2007) Do Enhanced and Unique Features Affect New Product Preference? The Moderating Role of Product Familiarity, ournal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 35 (March), 53-62
- Wunsch M. J., Nakamoto K., Goswami A., Schnoll S. H. (2007) Prescription Drug Abuse among Prisoners in Rural Southwestern Virginia, Journal of Addictive Diseases, 26:4, 15-22
- Shibin S., Parker A. M., Nakamoto K. (2007) The effects of Price Discount and Product Complementarity on Consumer Evaluations of Bundle Components, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 15 (Winter), 53-64
- Schulz P. J., Nakamoto K. (2006) Emerging Themes in Health Literacy, In: Enhancing health literacy through communication, Special Issue Studies in Communication Sciences, 5 (2), 1-10
- Schulz P. J., Nakamoto K. (2006) Thematic section on Enhancing health literacy through communication, Studies in Communication Sciences, 3-120.
- France B., Fan W., Schaupp C., Krishen A., Everhart J., Poteet D., Nakamoto K. (2006) Web Site Success Metrics: Addressing the Duality of Goals, Association for Computing Machinery. Communications of the ACM, 49 (December), 114.
- Rubinelli S., Nakamoto K., Schulz P. J., de Saussure L. (2006) What are we to think about DTCA: a case-study in the field of misinterpreted communication, Studies in Communication Sciences, 6:2, 338-348.
- Shibin S., Parker A. M., Nakamoto K. (2005) Understanding the Mechanism and Determinants of Compromise Effects, Psychology and Marketing, 22 (July), 591-609
- Myung-Soo J., Nakamoto K., Nelson J. E. (2003) The shielding effects of brand image against lower quality countries-of-origin in global manufacturing, Journal of Business Research, 56 (August), 637-646.
- Heilman C. M., Nakamoto K. (2002) Pleasant Surprises: Consumer Response to Unexpected In-Store Coupons, Journal of Marketing Research, 39 (May), 242-52
- Carpenter G. S., Nakamoto K. (1996) The Impact of Consumer Preference Formation on Marketing Objectives and Competitive Second Mover Strategies, Journal of Consumer Psychology, 5:4, 325-358
- Carpenter G. S., Glazer R., Nakamoto K. (1994) Meaningful Brands from Meaningless Differentiation: The Dependence on Irrelevant Attributes, Journal of Marketing and Research, 31 (August),339-350 [O'Dell Award-winning article].
- Carpenter G. S., Nakamoto K. (1994) Reflections on 'Consumer Preference Formation and Pioneering Advantage, Journal of Marketing Research, 31 (November), 570-573
- Glazer R., Nakamoto K. (1991) Cognitive Geometry: An Analysis of Structure Underlying Representations of Similarity, Marketing Science, 10 (Summer), 205-228.
- Carpenter G. S., Nakamoto K. (1989) Consumer Preference Formation and Pioneering Advantage, Journal of Marketing Reserach, 26 (August), 285-298, [O'Dell Award-winning article]
- Nakamoto K. (1987) Alternatives to Information Processing in Consumer Research: New Perspectives on Old Controversies, International Journal of Research in Marketing, 4, 11-27.
- Broniarczyk S., Nakamoto K. (2002) Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 29. Valdosta, GA: Association for Consumer Research
- Carpenter G. S., Glazer R., Nakamoto K. (1997) Readings on Market-Driving Strategies: Toward a New Theory of Competitive Advantage. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley
Contributo in libro (6)
- Nakamoto K. (2011) The Continuing Contribution of Shelby Hunt’s Conceptualization of Research in Marketing. in J. Singh, (ed.), Legends in Marketing: Shelby D. Hunt, Los Angeles: Sage, 2011
- Carpenter G. S., Nakamoto K. (2005) Competitive Brand Strategies. in A.M. Tybout and T. Calkins (eds.), Kellogg on Branding, Hoboken NJ: John Wiley and Sons, 2005.
- Nakamoto K., Brinberg D. (2003) Interpretive Constraint in Qualitative and Quantitative Research: False Dichotomies?. in M Schwaiger and D. Harhoff (eds.), Empirie und Betriebswirtschaft, Stuttgart, Germany: Schäffer-Poeschel Verlag, 2003.
- Carpenter G. S., Glazer R., Nakamoto K. (2000) Market-Driving Strategies: Buyer Learning and a New View of Competitive Advantage. in Dawn Iacobucci (ed.), Kellogg on Marketing, New York: John Wiley, 2000.
- Carpenter G. S., Nakamoto K. (1994) Brand Dominance: Competitive Advantage Through Consumer Learning,. in S.J. Levy, G.R. Frerichs, and H.L. Gordon (Eds.), Marketing Manager's Handbook, Chicago: Dartnell Press, 1994, pp. 162-173. Reprinted in S.J. Levy (Ed.), Creating Winning Marketing Plans, Chicago: Dartnell Press, 1996.
- Carpenter G. S., Nakamoto K. (1994) Competitive New Product Strategies. in J.J. Hampton (Ed.), AMA Management Handbook, 3rd ed., New York: AMACOM, 1994.
Atti di conferenza (16)
- Allam A., Nakamoto K., Schulz P. J. (2012) Custom Search: Between Bad Literacy and Guided Navigation. Social Media, Mobile Apps, and Internet/Web 2.0 in Health, Medicine and Biomedical Research at Boston, MA.
- Frisch A., Nakamoto K., Schulz P. J. (2012) Predictors of psychological empowerment in patients with chronic low back pain: A cross-sectional study in the French and Italian parts of Switzerland. EACH 2012 – International Conference on Communication in Healthcare (ICCH). St. Andrews, Scotland. Sept 4-7.
- Schulz P. J., Nakamoto K. (2011) "Bad" Literacy, the Internet, and the Limits of Patient Empowerment. AAAI Spring Symposium Series: Artificial Intelligence & Health Communication. Stanford, CA, United States. 21st-23rd March 2011
- Rubinelli S., Schulz P. J., Nakamoto K. (2009) Health Literacy and the Tailoring of Health Information. A Dialogue between Communication and (AI) Technology. Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), Fall Symposium Conference 2009
- Rubinelli S., Nakamoto K., Schulz P. J., Krishen A. (2007) Argumentation in Direct-to-consumer-Advertising of Pharmaceuticals: Logical Problems and Policy Issues. Association of Consumer Research, Menphis, USA, 2007
- Rubinelli S., Nakamoto K., Schulz P. J. (2007) Reading Direct-To-Consumer Advertising. A qualitative study from argumentation theory on its dialectical and rhetorical features. In: F.H. van Eemeren, J.A. Blair, C.A. Willard, B. Garssen (eds.), Proceedings of 6th ISSA Conference on Argumentation, Amsterdam 27-30 June 2006, volume II, 1211-1217
- Rubinelli S., Nakamoto K., Schulz P. J. (2006) Reading Direct-to-Consumer Advertising of Prescription Medicine. A Qualitative Study from Argumentation Theory on its Dialectical and Rhetorical Features. 6th ISSA Conference on Argumentation, International Society for the Study of Argumentation, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 2006.
- Schulz P. J., Nakamoto K., Haes J., Brinberg D. (2006) Tailoring Health Communication Compaigns for Organ Donation, Panel on Public Information Compaigns in Context. Conference of the International Communication Association, Dresden, June 19-23, 2006
- Nakamoto K., MacInnis D. J., Jung H. (1993) Advertising Claims and Evidence as Bases for Brand Equity and Consumer Evaluations of Brand Extensions. in D.A. Aaker and A.L. Biel (Eds.), Advertising and Building Strong Brands, Proceedings of the 10th Annual Advertising and Consumer Psychology Conference, 1993, 281-297
- MacInnis D. J., Nakamoto K., Mani G. (1992) Cognitive Associations and Product Category Comparisons: The Role of Knowledge Structure and Context. in J.F. Sherry and B. Sternthal (Eds.), Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 19, Provo, UT: Association for Consumer Research, 1992, 260 267.
- Chakravarti D., MacInnis D. J., Nakamoto K. (1990) Product Category Perceptions, Elaborative Processing and Brand Name Extension Strategies. in M. Goldberg, G. Gorn, and R.W. Pollay (Eds.), Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 17, Provo, UT: Association for Consumer Research, 1990, 910-916.
- Coupey E., Nakamoto K. (1987) Learning Context and the Development of Product Category Perceptions. in M. Houston (Ed.), Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 15, Provo, UT: Association for Consumer Research, 1987, 77 82.
- Carpenter G. S., Nakamoto K. (1987) Market Pioneering Learing and Preference. in M. Houston (Ed), Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 15, Provo, UT: Association for Consumer Research, 1987, 275-279.
- Nakamoto K., Hunt S. D. (1980) Deterministic Theory and Marketing. in C.W. Lamb and P.M. Dunne (Eds.), Theoretical Developments in Marketing, Chicago: American Marketing Association, 1980, 244 247.
- Mokwa M. P., Enis B., Nakamoto K. (1980) Marketing Management and Arts. in M.P Mokwa, W.M. Dawson, and E.A. Prieve (Eds.), Marketing the Arts, New York: Praeger Publishers, 1980.
- Rothschild M. L., Nakamoto K. (1979) The New Improved Change Agent Game. in N. Beckwith, M. Houston, R. Mittelstaedt, K.B. Monroe, and S. Ward (Eds.), 1979 Educators' Conference Proceedings, Chicago: American Marketing Association, 1979, 158 162.
Altra pubblicazione (5)
- Rubinelli S., Schulz P. J., Nakamoto K. (2009) "Letting the patient be a patient". Health Literacy beyond knowledge and behavior
- Rubinelli S., Nakamoto K., Schulz P. J., DE SAUSSURE L. (2007) What are we to think about consumer advertising? A case-study in the field of misinterpreted argumentation
- Sheng S., Parker A. M., Nakamoto K. (2003) Decision Uncertainty, Expected-Loss Minimization and the Compromise Effect
- Nakamoto K., Brinberg D. (2002) Interpretive Constraint in Qualitative and Quantitative Research: False Dichotomies?
- Heilman C., Nakamoto K., Rao A. (2000) Pleasant Surprises: Consumer Response to Unexpected In-Store Promotions